Friday, July 15, 2011

The Best Story

It drives me crazy but some of the best stories I have are the ones I really can't write about. So this one is edited severely for a multitude of reasons which I also don't really feel comfortable writing about. Here goes, the boringest version of the most interesting story - but you'll just have to trust me on that one. I was witness to a domestic violence incident (not my family) and I may have helped save a life by yelling like a maniac at the attacker who then ceased his attack and ran off. Later I found out he had a large knife on his person so I am glad I did what I did. Jason says maybe the victim will go on to have children that will find the cure to the disease I have (IBD). So you're welcome world. Just doing what I can as a stay-at-home-mom. Sesame Street, sandwich making, and saving lives. Usually the saving lives part of my job description falls under the large grape or tortilla chip category. But I was tasked with something a little different this week. Also in the process I hit my hand very, very hard on something, not exactly sure what, but it's been swollen all week as a badge of honor/idiocy. Mobility continues to improve so I am pretty certain I didn't break it. All's well that ends well. I am extremely glad I didn't witness a murder.

2 comments:

  1. And YOU'RE the Best too Sheila! Yay You!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update. Got an x-ray today and it's definitely not broken! Hoooray, I didn't really have time for a broken hand!

    ReplyDelete