Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Scrambled Eggs

My husband recently discovered Gordon Ramsey's Sublime Scrambled Eggs. (Watch the video here, it is the third clip down.) He followed the instructions and they turned out wonderfully! I got inspired to recreate the entire breakfast with roasted tomatoes and mushrooms, sourdough bread, and fresh chives (though I used green onion to be onest. ) And we used sour cream instead of creme fraiche. Also at the last minute I realized I was out of olive oil !gasp! so I used butter of the salted variety. And regular salt instead of sea salt. So yeah, come to think of it I probably did not follow one thing he did perfectly. However, it turned out pretty well and it was great to have a little variety since we eat Plateau Soleil most mornings. I would say the most important thing is to start cooking the eggs on a cold pan, and let it warm as you are cooking, instead of throwing them in to a pre-heated pan. Here is a picture:















Here's Mia enjoying the swing at Pioneer Park (formerly known as Alaskaland) - she loves swinging!















Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment