Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Twenty Hugs

Mia is not what you would call a cuddler; as a young baby sleeping in our bed she would be stretched out completely - all the blankets kicked off - with her parents clinging to their respective edges in tortured positions. We've talked to other parents that have similar personality types, the kid that is on the go and is too busy for long hugging sessions. But every once in a while, Mia will catch me sitting on the floor and decide to wrap her soft baby arms around my neck in the best hug ever (second only to Jason's hugs). The thing is, she doesn't just give one... she comes back and back until, as the recipient, you are about as happy as you ever thought possible. Twenty hugs later, and twenty thank-you's, she finds something else to do, but there in that moment, you have found part of your reward for sleepless nights and diapers and cleaning up puke... I got twenty hugs this morning and I can tell today is going to be awesome.

2 comments:

  1. soooo adorable...*made my heart all warm and fuzzy inside...:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks! She has the same effect on me. I feel like I'll live longer thanks to some of those hugs!

    ReplyDelete