Thursday, September 10, 2009

Cheesecake Birthday

My Dad's birthday was today. He and his friend Roselynn got to come over and eat dessert with us. I made a lemon cheesecake. To be technical it's actually called a Creamy Lemon Cheesecake Pie. It is very light and satisfying. The recipe is from the back of the Honey Graham Cracker pie crust label and you can find it in it's entirety at http://savvygirlcompany.blogspot.com.

The two important things to remember are to make it 5 hours ahead of when you want to eat it so it has time to firm up in the fridge, and also to use a fresh lemon if you can get it and not bottled lemon juice. I think it really improves the texture and taste to have the peel in it.

I had the choice to go with either light sour cream or regular - I went with the regular just in case using light would have impacted the creaminess... not something to be tampered with.

Another thing I have noted is that a certain baby, even when teething and rejecting all her regular foods, will eat this lemon cheesecake without hesitation. A girl after my own heart.















For those of you counting candles... yes the three stands for 33 years old, and my Dad was 4 when he had me. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment