Monday, August 31, 2009

Sheila's Illegal Salon Part 2

Ok I confess. I have "trimmed" my hair yet again... I think it is the third time in as many months. I can't seem to help myself when it begins to morph into a Christmas tree shape. I actually feel pretty proud of this one because I usually fail dramatically at cutting my own hair, and so far I think this cut was a success. Probably because I did not use scissors; I only took out bulk all over my head using my razor, purchased very inexpensively at Leslie's Beauty Supply a couple of years ago. It is great for adding in texture and controlling shape without having to take off a lot of the all-over length.





























A few days ago I was given the opportunity to trim my Mom's hair as well... I used scissors and finished it with the razor. I think it turned out pretty well, I forgot to take a before picture again, but here is the finished product:
















(She styled it with an Aveda product; I'm not sure exactly which one.) I really like the spiky bits around her forehead and the hair away from her face really shows off her eyes.

My latest temptation is to bleach my entire head again... the reason I don't want to is because it needs touching-up every six weeks and I'm not sure I am ready for that commitment. Also I almost have all the color out of it and I've been trying to get it healthy. But all my sanity seems to fly out the window when I see pictures of it when it was long and platinum blonde:






















Of course this is also a very happy memory for me. Jason and I were in the beginning of our six-week roadtrip and Mia is actually in this picture but we didn't know it yet. I forget that my hair sometimes felt like plastic, all I can think of is a happy windy day in Seattle, one of my favorite places.






















I just found this pic from 2007 - I guess I've been dabbling in cutting hair for a while now. That's Sarie getting a trim and her friend Audrey in the background. One of these days I guess I should just get a license or something. Just in case the hair police are reading this, I do not charge for this little hobby, sometimes people chip in to cover supplies, but otherwise there is no exchange of money. If I ever decide to go legit of course I would have to start charging. If you need a trim and are willing to let someone with no formal training have at you, let me know! I enjoy opportunities to practice on all different hair types.

Here's another pic with the blonde, but in this one it is short like it is now:





















I guess you will all just have to stay tuned to see if I can resist temptation.

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive :) Looks like you did great. As far as the full blonde, the last photo with short and all blonde looks awesome! I think you should give in to temptation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I feel my resolve weakening... It doesn't help that now that I've washed it I'm not loving it and I feel it needs more "help"... back away from the scissors crazy self. =)Also I forgot to mention Jason loves it blonde like that so that influences me as well. Well if I have trouble sleeping tonight I might find something to do...

    ReplyDelete