Monday, December 19, 2011

My Day

I played lions a lot today. I also did some other stuff but playing lions was the most important thing I did. In between laundry and lunch and dinner and changing bedsheets I crawled around on all fours and talked in a Sarabi-esque voice. I let a baby lion ride on my back as I crossed a deep river. I hunted with my cub and ate the meat we killed together. I groomed my cub by pretending to lick her hair lovingly. I admired her teeth and how strong they were (as I was required to incorporate playing lions into the flossing routine.) I even said the goodnight prayer in my lion-mother voice. And called my own daughter Simba for most of the day. Right now my darling cub is nestled in her bed and this memory is nestled in my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment